Cold Shop Instruction
- Regular price
- Sold out
- Sale price
- $52.50 Sale
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
Cold working lessons for OGC members!
The OGC is now offering in depth cold working instruction for members on the equipment we currently have in our cold shop. Taught by Studio Manager Eric Davy, classes will be available on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Eric will cover the safe use of the following tools and equipment:
- lap wheel : what to look for while lapping, to get flat and straight bottoms quickly, and bring them up to a polish fast
- dremel : signing work, carving, and cameo
- drill press : for putting holes in work
- circular saw : for cutting cane, murrini, carving, removing large puntis and cutting lips
Things you will need to prepare beforehand and bring with you:
- two objects that you wish to flatten: paperweight, vase, bowl, tumbler etc
- a piece of glass that you wish to put a hole in eg. a rondelle to hang in a window
- a tumbler, or cylinder that you don't punti, just crack off and anneal
- a zen attitude; zero attachment to any of the objects you bring with you, we will (hopefully) emerge victorious, but no tears!
- 3 hr class
- $52.50 + hst per member
- max 2 members per class
- no coldworking experience necessary
- please bring a mask
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions.
Looking forward to seeing you all!